First Day of Forever 210620

I realised this a while ago and I knew I had to let go. I was always reluctant to put it into writing because I knew that that minute I wrote it down, it became real and it meant that I could not lie to myself or escape it anymore. And this is hard. It is so freaking hard. It's so much easier to hold on to what you are familiar with even if it hurts you, because at least there is certainty and you know what's going to happen next, even if it's not what you want. Letting go means having to face uncertainty. And that uncertainty can mean growth, but it also can mean pain and having to start again from square one. It means I have to unlearn everything that I have learnt over the last few years. It means I have to think about the impact of all of those years on my mental health, and forgive myself so that I have the chance to move on.

It's so easy to be like YEP this is the moment that I am going to make that change in my life and go forward, but it's not easy. It's not easy when you're all alone with your thoughts and all you crave is familiarity. It's not easy when no one knows about the battle that you are fighting on the inside and you have to pretend like there is no problem at all. It is not easy to have to force yourself to believe that you can be better. It is not easy to forgive yourself. You cannot forget the past. It exists. I need to learn to live with it. I need to learn to live with myself.

So, now that this is in writing, I want to hold myself accountable. Everytime I fail I want to hold myself to account, so that I can see it in front of me that I have failed AGAIN and hopefully that guilt will stop me from repeating my mistakes for the millionth time. I also want to document all the times I feel okay. All the times that I do succeed, and show myself that I CAN be the person I want to be and I AM WORTHY. 

I deserve this. I need this. Bismillah. Here is the first day of my forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The string of thoughts

Two steps forward, one step back.

It is our determination.